Non Standard (Event) Positions in VATNZ Airspace

General Discussions

Moderator: VATNZ Board Member

Bailey Pellow
VATSIM ID: 1334275

Non Standard (Event) Positions in VATNZ Airspace

#1 Post by Bailey Pellow » Fri Jan 04, 2019 8:57 pm

Good evening all.

Having had some practise on NZAA_CTR and other positions with in the VATNZ airspace that are supposedly 'event only', I have come to the conclusion that there is absolutely no necessity to having these designated positions.

I think it's important that as a division that prioritises realism, we are moving toward allowing our controllers to control more realistic positions in the airspace.
This is particularly because we are already struggling to keep pilot numbers up and I feel that any way that we can encourage controllers to come on should be jumped on, as it is statistically proven that more control = more pilots.

Having said that, I'd love to know what consequence comes of controlling on these 'event only' positions, and what sort of justification (and evidence to support) that we have that supports having event positions, because to myself and many others it seems like an irrelevant prevention of people controlling where they want to control.

I'd appreciate some other perspectives on the issue that aren't just 'please log off because I said so because I'm important and you should respect my importance'

Cheers guys!

Andrew Moseley
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 810088

Re: Non Standard (Event) Positions in VATNZ Airspace

#2 Post by Andrew Moseley » Sat Jan 05, 2019 10:02 am

Certain controller positions have restrictions placed upon them. Some positions are created for events or operational reasons.

Their use is at the sole discretion of the Airspace Director.

The consequences are a violation of Code of conduct C7
Andrew Moseley
VATNZ - Division Director
VATNZ Founder