The following NOTICE concerns members of the VATOCE Community currently working towards their P1 & P2 Ratings with the VATSIM Oceania ATO.
Good Morning All,
On Thursday the 29th August 2019, the VATSIM Oceania Senior Leadership Team called an extraordinary meeting to discuss a number of agenda items that where called to order at the last meeting. One of these was a discussion regarding the VATOCE ATO, and the continued operations from this point forward.
After a 20-minute discussion, where the Senior Leadership Team, and the directors for both VATPAC & VATNZ discussed the current situation surrounding the VATOCE ATO, with particular interest to the steady decline in numbers of pilots who are utilising the ATO to train for their P1 & P2 Ratings. The Regional Team came to a resolution regarding the ATO, this is:
• As of present, the level of commitment required to produce the P3, P4 & P5 ratings is unjust given the current activity of the ATO
• On the 15th September 2019 at 2359z – The VATOCE ATO will suspend all operations for the P1 & P2 Ratings.
• As of this notice, further enrolments and requests for exam access with the VATOCE P2 exam have been suspended, members who are currently working through the course have been notified and have until the closing date to complete their rating training.
• The P1 exam is still accessible to complete until the closing date.
• Once the ATO closes, students who have not completed their P2 Training and attained their rating will be required to outsource to another ATO for the completion of their rating.
The VATSIM Oceania Region will keep records of all content that the ATO has produced over the previous two years, and should the region see it feasible to reopen the ATO in the future, the current course material will be available.
If you have any questions about this, please email either;
• Joshua Micallef | VATOCE Chief Flying Instructor (j.micallef[at]vatoce.net)
• Alan Cooke | VATOCE Regional Director (a.cooke[at]vatsim.net)
Request assistance or guidance on piloting procedure, processes and other general enquiries for pilots.
Moderator: VATNZ Pilot Operations Director
1 post • Page 1 of 1