How to get started

Members helping members with Flight Sim issues

Moderator: VATNZ Board Member

Mark Mertz
VATSIM ID: 1035965

How to get started

#1 Post by Mark Mertz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 5:05 am

Hi
I am a resident of Switzerland and just returned from a two week real flying trip across the islands of NZ with a Cessna 172. Now I have joined VATNZ in order to keep flying in NZ virtually.
However, I don^t have the faintest idea how to join your network and couldn¨t find any instructions on your homepage in this respect. :?:
Is there anybody who can assist me in order to take off with you? VFR!
thanks in advance

Mark

Ray Lang
VATNZ Training Staff Member

Re: How to get started

#2 Post by Ray Lang » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:14 am

Mark, welcome to VATNZ. Can you give me more informtion. Are you talking about how to join the VATSIM network so that
you see other planes and interact with ATC. What version of flight sim do you have fs9 or fs10.
Vatsim Senior Supervisor
Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin
Have a question? Email supervisors@vatsim.net

Mark Mertz

#3 Post by Mark Mertz » Fri Dec 09, 2011 7:28 am

thanks for the fast response, Ray
I am flying with FSX and would like to get access to VATNZ ATC. Locally I am communicating with my flying club internally on Teamspeak, ATC with FSInn on Vatsim. Does this answer your question?
regards

Mark

Mark Mertz

#4 Post by Mark Mertz » Thu Dec 29, 2011 8:52 pm

my question posted early december sounds somewhat naive in retrospect.
I had been under the assumption that my FSInn installation didn^t work properly as I could not get any ATC from NZ via the Oceania server.
Meanwhile after having installed Qutescoop and Servinfo, I found out that apparently there is no voice ATC provided in NZ. Unlike in Europe where there are plenty of airports staffed with controllers, at least in the evenings, I could not find anything of that sort in NZ. Neither did I find an ATC schedule on your website.
Please correct me if I am wrong.
kind regards and happy new year
Mark

Philip Dunlop
VATSIM ID: 1126833

#5 Post by Philip Dunlop » Thu Dec 29, 2011 9:53 pm

Hi there Mark,
Unfortunately our airports are not always staffed as we are not such a large division. However you will definately find ATC during our events. We hold Sunday Night Ops events each Sunday which will start again on Jan 8 at 0600-1000 UTC. If there is ATC on outside of event times it will generally be between 0600-1000 UTC.
Check out our Upcoming events for more information.
Philip Dunlop
Events Team, ATC Mentor