AI & MY Traffic 2004 Aircraft showing on Vatsim

Members helping members with Flight Sim issues

Moderator: VATNZ Board Member

Brian Howard
VATSIM ID: 881095

#1 Post by Brian Howard » Sat Apr 21, 2012 9:42 pm

I have this strange problem when connected to Vatsim (my HP laptop) all the AI & My Traffic Aircraft show up when connected to Vatsim never had this problem before...only changes I have done is change the operating system from Vista to W7 ultimate since I last used this Laptop on Vatsim....any suggestions as why these show up, not doing it on my desktop (XP) or my ASUS Laptop (W7U) Thanks Brian

Jeff Smith
VATSIM ID: 0

Re: AI & MY Traffic 2004 Aircraft showing on Vatsim

#2 Post by Jeff Smith » Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:42 am

Hi Brian,

Are you using squawkbox 4 or FSInn?

I think there was an issue like this in the vatsim forums. Look under squawkbox or fsinn help there.

Sorry, but I've never used AI Traffic. Good Luck

Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
Jeff Smith, VATOCE2
VATSIM OCEANIA
Deputy RD
Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Alex Burrow
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 1141056

#3 Post by Alex Burrow » Sun Apr 22, 2012 12:20 pm

Hi Brian, my first shot would be to go to the Vatsim forums as Jeffn said. If your having this problem it is likely that someone else has too:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Alex Burrow

Jeff Smith
VATSIM ID: 0

#4 Post by Jeff Smith » Thu Apr 26, 2012 2:36 pm

Hi Brian,

I'm curious how you made out with this issue?
Jeff Smith, VATOCE2
VATSIM OCEANIA
Deputy RD
Pacific Oceanic Partnership Admin

Brian Howard

#5 Post by Brian Howard » Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:10 pm

Jeff...I upgraded my desktop (way overdue...W7 & a new video card and more ram) re-installed FS2004 and its great...no problems with vatsim....HP laptop..well thats another story...still working on that,but hopefully while I'am home in NZ I will use the desktop...my ASUS super laptop is in PNG and I have no issues with that apart from the poor internet service get from time to time.
Windows 7... I did have issues with installing add-on scenery,but Mr Google did help me out.....but If anyone out there using W7 and FS9....a quick 1-2-3 step by step guide would not go a miss as I did mess up my first install and ended up removing and re-installing the flightsim back on to the desktop computer (took all day and I don't want to do that again!!!) Scenery with a installer is no problem...its the manual install i tend to stuff up. Thanks Brian

Tony Forrest
VATSIM ID: 900418

#6 Post by Tony Forrest » Sun May 06, 2012 12:00 pm

Brian, I am running windows 8 at the moment, and I find I have manually connect to the SB session from the "Flights", "Multiplayer" drop down to make the connection and to lose the AI.
Tony Forrest
Chief Pilot
Hub Captain Noble Air Christchurch
Training director - Noble air
http://nobleair.org
VATSIM Supervisor

Brian Howard

#7 Post by Brian Howard » Mon May 07, 2012 6:11 pm

Thanks Tony.....I have to do that with another VA I fly for when I connect to there MP server.....strange that I only get this problem with my HP laptop when connected to Vatsim.

Brian Howard

#8 Post by Brian Howard » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:53 pm

More problems.....My Desktop has a new problem when connected to Vatsim (Squawkbox) when I change freq it causes my flightsim to freeze and with a open mike...I thought the problem was being caused by my Saitek radio panel which I removed from my system...I thought wrong last night I encounted the same problem using the Aircrafts radio panel...this problem started a couple of weeks ago...reinstalled SB with a clean install I'am at a loss as to why this problem is occuring...I still have issues with my HP laptop...not only am I seeing AI traffic... now I'am getting MS ATC when connected to Vatsim...never seen/heard that before!!!! I will bring back my ASUS laptop next month and see what it does when connected to my wifi network, as in PNG apart from a poor internet service I don't have issues like above.

Alex Burrow
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 1141056

#9 Post by Alex Burrow » Tue Jul 03, 2012 1:33 pm

Have you tried using FsInn instead, Brian? It generally has less bugs than squawkbox.
Alex Burrow

Brian Howard

#10 Post by Brian Howard » Thu Jul 05, 2012 8:24 pm

Thanks Alex I will try that after I test my ASUS laptop when I return to NZ in 4 weeks...as I'am starting to think it maybe my router as for the last week I had another strange problem with all my APPLE products (IPAD,IMAC,PROMAC,APPLE TV) unable to connect to my home network (never been a problem before) after re-booting my router I would get them back for only a short period of time, my 2 PCs and my ACER tablet were not affected...very strange!!!