Arrival to NZQN - 16/Dec/2015

Taken screenshots or videos on your virtual flights in VATNZ Airspace. Feel free to share them here.

Moderator: VATNZ Board Member

Forum rules
All images/videos in this forum are user-generated, and depict scenes and activities that have taken place online in the VATSIM network.

VATNZ is in no way affiliated with any real-world airlines, organisations, or other entities that may appear in these images/videos.

The trademarks of any airlines or organisations depicted within these images/videos remain the property of the real-world rights holders.
Robert Stoneman
VATSIM ID: 1242849

Arrival to NZQN - 16/Dec/2015

#1 Post by Robert Stoneman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 1:50 pm

Hi all.
Enjoyed Wed Night operations last night and thought I would link a couple of videos of my arrival into Queenstown.
Unfortunately I haven't got over to this side of the ditch much lately but still love flying here!

Part 1 - STAR/Arrival
https://youtu.be/lPFsUYff7Eo

Part 2 - Circuit around the big hill and landing RW23
https://youtu.be/Y35zU7ognE0

Hope you like them.

Cheers,
Rob

Eric Coufmann
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 1327620

Re: Arrival to NZQN - 16/Dec/2015

#2 Post by Eric Coufmann » Thu Dec 17, 2015 8:55 pm

An awesome view of the approach, just to let you know you were the last person to arrive, you missed the really busy part of the event. Great reaction to my private message. It was great controlling a different airport and after that is probably the airport I will control most during non events as its a unique place to control and fly! Thanks for flying, hope to see you back in the New Zealand airspace again soon.

Robert Stoneman
VATSIM ID: 1242849

Re: Arrival to NZQN - 16/Dec/2015

#3 Post by Robert Stoneman » Thu Dec 17, 2015 9:15 pm

Yes I really need to try and get there a bit earlier... The damn time difference doesn't help :)
i know what you mean about QN.. Great place to arrive or depart and with only short hops up to CH and WN it has something for everyone.

Catch you on the frequency soon again hopefully.

Rob