Tonga Cyclone Relief Supplies NZAA/NFTF/NZAA

Taken screenshots or videos on your virtual flights in VATNZ Airspace. Feel free to share them here.

Moderator: VATNZ Board Member

Forum rules
All images/videos in this forum are user-generated, and depict scenes and activities that have taken place online in the VATSIM network.

VATNZ is in no way affiliated with any real-world airlines, organisations, or other entities that may appear in these images/videos.

The trademarks of any airlines or organisations depicted within these images/videos remain the property of the real-world rights holders.
Nick Johnston
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 0

Tonga Cyclone Relief Supplies NZAA/NFTF/NZAA

#1 Post by Nick Johnston » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:46 am

Still getting comfortable with X-Plane, but am very much enjoying being able to fly in Linux. X-Plane 11 seems much more stable on my machine than 10 was (the latter used to crash literally every second time I flew, whereas according to Steam I've now got over 50 hours in XP11 and have yet to experience any such issues).

A couple of those hours were spent parked at the ramp working on my first attempt at doing a repaint, adding liveries for the VA I fly with to the FlightFactor 757 v2, but I took the opportunity tonight to fly some cyclone relief supplies up to Tonga, and I snapped some pics on the way back (thank you, XP's Replay Mode!).

Apologies for people with small screens - I scaled them down to half size but they're still quite wide.

757-RF_xp11_2.jpg
Climbing out after departing NFTF having left behind a plane's worth of relief supplies
757-RF_xp11_2.jpg (128.26 KiB) Viewed 574 times
757-RF_xp11_4.jpg
Making the turn at LENGU on the EXOPI7B arrival back in Auckland
757-RF_xp11_4.jpg (224.09 KiB) Viewed 574 times
757-RF_xp11_3.jpg
Turning final for 05R
757-RF_xp11_3.jpg (345.1 KiB) Viewed 574 times
757-RF_xp11_5.jpg
Carefully chosen screenshot to hide the floater that I'm about to pull
757-RF_xp11_5.jpg (221.03 KiB) Viewed 574 times
757-RF_xp11_1.jpg
Parked up at the cargo ramp
757-RF_xp11_1.jpg (236.16 KiB) Viewed 574 times
nzaa-nftf_small.jpg
Both my outbound and return flight paths, showing the separation between the SID (RAXIN1Q) and STAR (EXOPI7B). You can't tell from this angle, but there's plenty of vertical spacing between the two procedures where they cross each other.
nzaa-nftf_small.jpg (347.98 KiB) Viewed 574 times

Nick
Nick Johnston
IT Director