Problem booking for Cross The Ditch 16 June

General discussion on official VATNZ events and fly-ins

Moderators: VATNZ Board Member, VATNZ Events Staff, VATNZ Events Director, VATNZ Flight Club Staff

Emile Bax
VATSIM ID: 869084

Problem booking for Cross The Ditch 16 June

#1 Post by Emile Bax » Sun May 26, 2019 1:50 pm

I just tried to book a flight for the Cross The Ditch event on 16 June. After I clicked the "Complete Booking" button, nothing happened for a while and then I got the following error mesage :
502 Bad Gateway
nginx/1.14.0 (Ubuntu)
Can someone please look into this ? I use Firefox as browser, would that be a problem (it hasn't been in the past) ? I would like to book for waves 2 and 5 but no luck sofar. Thanks a lot.
Cheers,
Emile.

Emile Bax

Re: Problem booking for Cross The Ditch 16 June

#2 Post by Emile Bax » Sun May 26, 2019 2:00 pm

Further to my earlier post about the problem booking for Cross The Ditch :
When I loaded VPilot, my booking for Cross The Ditch was actually listed. Then when I went to book a NZAA-NZCH flight for tonight using VPilot, I also got an error message (503). However, when I just restarted VPilot, tonight's flight was listed in the bookings window together with my Cross The Ditch flight. Now I'm totally confused ! Hope someone can have a look at this. Looks like the problem is not related to Firefox if I also got an error message with VPilot.
Cheers,
Emile.

Emile Bax

#3 Post by Emile Bax » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:42 am

I have now noticed that both flights that I booked, show up in VPilot, but the YSSY-NZQN flight does not show in the bookings list on the Events page. That's the one I got an error message for when I originally booked it. Will it be a problem if it's not shown ?

Oh and also : I got no reply to either of my two earlier posts on this matter, and that's by no means the first time. Any reason for this ?
Cheers,
Emile.

Eric Coufmann
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 1327620

#4 Post by Eric Coufmann » Sat Jun 08, 2019 9:03 pm

I have emailed Nick to have a look at it.
Eric Coufmann
VATNZ Events Director

Nick Johnston
VATNZ Board Member
VATSIM ID: 0

#5 Post by Nick Johnston » Sat Jun 08, 2019 11:56 pm

Hi Emile,

Sorry for the slow reply - I don't the events forum all that frequently, so didn't hear about your issues until Eric mailed me tonight.

There have been a few issues recently with the vroute booking system and it seems to have misplaced a few of the flights that people have booked through the CTD site. (I booked two flights for myself and neither of them showed up in vroute, despite being accepted without any error.)

Unfortunately, there's not much we can do about that. The main thing as far as next week goes is that you get your flights showing up on the CTD website, because if they're listed on the Flight Bookings page there, then you've secured the departure/arrival slots for your flight at each airport. Looking on that page at the moment, you're only listed for the NZWN->YMML wave, so it would be good if you could try and book your other flight(s) through the website again and see what happens. If you run into any problems, please mail me directly with the time that you attempted to make the booking and a description of what happened and I'll look through the logs and see if I can figure it out.

As you'll know from past experience, normally the booking process works pretty smoothly, but there have been a couple of people who've had problems this time around and so far it's always been the vroute integration that's been causing the problems. With a week to go, if there are people still not getting their bookings made because of this, then I'll look to disable it.

Also, while getting slots booked is important to us from the point of view of spreading out the traffic and enabling us to send out flight reminders/pilot briefing mails, no-one is going to turn you away on the day if you miss your slot, or didn't manage to get it booked successfully.

Thanks for your help, and sorry again for the problems.

Nick
Nick Johnston
IT Director