Cross The Ditch 16 Event Appreciation

General Discussions

Moderator: VATNZ Board Member

Aharon Dayan
VATSIM ID: 1090798

Cross The Ditch 16 Event Appreciation

#1 Post by Aharon Dayan » Mon Jun 17, 2019 2:06 am

Shalom and greetings all,

Thanks to all New Zealand controllers for great non stop 24 hour event!!! I flew TWO flights in that event.

I never knew that runway 23 landing for NZQN Queenstown would be allowed in Vatsim and in real life!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

I had extremely hair raising approach to NZQN runway 23 through surrounding mountains but managed to land successfully!!

Regards,

Aharon

Mark Richards
VATNZ Founder
VATSIM ID: 811451

Re: Cross The Ditch 16 Event Appreciation

#2 Post by Mark Richards » Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:05 pm

Glad that you enjoyed yourself Aharon. It certainly was interesting controlling you with FSX default navigation.

And as a matter of interested, RWY23 at NZQN is actually the preferred runway and the one used most often.
Mark Richards (811451)
Vice President Operations (VATGOV2)
Auckland, New Zealand

Aharon Dayan

#3 Post by Aharon Dayan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:48 am

Mark Richards wrote:
Mon Jun 17, 2019 10:05 pm
It certainly was interesting controlling you with FSX default navigation.
Do you mean my FSX default ground terrians or do you mean my FSX default GPS?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good thing there were VATNZ controllers on duty to do vectoring for my plane for runway 23 because FSX default GPS's pink line for the runway did NOT match freeware FSX compatible NZQN scenery add on!! Good thing the controllers were providing proper heading orders to the point I found the famous river that would lead me to runway 23!!
Mark Richards wrote:
And as a matter of interested, RWY23 at NZQN is actually the preferred runway and the one used most often.
All the time I thought it was runway 05!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regards,

Aharon

Aharon Dayan

#4 Post by Aharon Dayan » Wed Jun 19, 2019 1:49 am

Mark Richards wrote:
It certainly was interesting controlling you with FSX default navigation.
Do you mean my FSX default ground terrians or do you mean my FSX default GPS?? :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good thing there were VATNZ controllers and you on duty to do vectoring for my plane for runway 23 because FSX default GPS's pink line for the runway did NOT match freeware FSX compatible NZQN scenery add on!! Good thing the controllers and you were providing proper heading orders to the point I found the famous river that would lead me to runway 23!!
Mark Richards wrote:
All the time I thought it was runway 05!!!!! :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock:

Regards,

Aharon