Saturday 10th August 2019 1900-2300 NZST / 1700-2100 AEST / 0700-1100 UTC
For this weekend's event we are going to do a flight between Wellington and Queenstown, both airports can be challenging for different reasons! Fly an RNAV approach into Queenstown between the mountains and then land with a crosswind in windy Wellington.
Note to pilots landing at Queenstown
- eg If assigned the RNAV (GNSS) G approach and you want to do the RNAV (RNP) Y approach, just advise the controller.
- Be familiar with your escape route ie missed approach procedure.
- Make sure you fully understand the approach ie waypoints, heights, speeds, circling if applicable, holding pattern.
- Do not fly a plane larger than an A320.
- Practice the approach when nobody is about.
Note to pilots - Departures
- If you don't have the SID on your FMC please tell the controller.
- If you are not RNAV capable please advise the controller.
- The controller will assign you a suitable departure.
Flight and ATC Bookings
We encourage pilots and controllers alike to book your intention to fly or provide ATC using vroute.
These bookings display on the VATNZ website and allow others to know when and where to expect pilots and controllers to be online.
VATNZ Events Mailing List
To keep up to date with all the events taking place in the VATNZ division, subscribe to the VATNZ Events Mailing List. Receive reminder emails before each event detailing what's happening and where.
Manage your VATNZ Mailing List subscriptions
For more information, including airport charts and position details, check out the event page.